Here at the ranch, we've found that one of the best ways to please a crowd is slowly smoking some of our mouth-watering American Berkshire Pork ribs.
Whether it's our famous Baby Back Ribs or our delicious Spare Ribs, our go-to smoking technique that creates perfect results EVERY time is the 3, 2, 1 method, which you may have heard of before.
Not only does it result in perfectly cooked ribs, but it is incredibly easy to do and virtually fail-proof if you follow these steps:
- Pre-heat your preferred grilling, smoking, or cooking device to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Carefully remove the thin membrane from the bottom of the rack of ribs.
- Evenly and thoroughly coat each side of the rack with your favorite dry rub.
- Place ribs directly on cooking racks (uncovered) and cook at 225° for 3 hours.
- Pull the ribs from the grill and place directly in the center of a sheet of tin foil that is approximately twice the length of the rack of ribs.
- Form a bowl-like structure with the tin foil and pour approximately 4 ounces of Apple Cider Vinegar on top of the ribs while holding the liquid in the tin foil trough.
- Fully wrap the ribs again making sure to hold the apple cider vinegar inside.
- Place covered ribs directly on cooking racks and continue cooking at 225° for another 2 hours.
- Take the covered ribs from the grill and completely remove the tin foil. BE CAREFUL AS THE LIQUID WILL BE VERY HOT.
- Thoroughly and evenly slather both sides of the rack of ribs with your favorite BBQ sauce, like our Mountain Primal Apricano Kick or our Sweet Whiskey BBQ Sauce.
- Place uncovered sauced ribs directly on cooking racks and continue to cook at 225° for 1 final hour.
- Pull the ribs off the cooking rack and allow to REST for approximately 5 minutes.
THAT'S IT, ENJOY!
We have found that the hardest part of this technique is actually in the waiting while the aroma of those Berkshire Pork Ribs makes its way through the air!
Give it try and please let us know how they turn out, we'd love to hear from you!