Extremely simple but AMAZINGLY flavorful, this Mountain Primal Beef Short Rib dutch oven recipe will have your friends asking when your restaurant is opening!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Hours & 15 Minutes
Rest Time: 20 Minutes
- Mountain Primal Beef Short Ribs
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 2 Cups Red Wine
- 1 Cup Carrots
- 2 Whole Shallots OR 1/2 White Onion (diced)
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary and Thyme
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Salt and pepper beef short ribs on all sides and sear each side in dutch oven on high heat in olive oil for about 45 seconds. Set aside.
- In olive oil and rendered beef short rib fat, cook the carrots and shallots (or white onions) for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add beef broth, red wine, rosemary, thyme, salt/pepper, and bring to a boil while scraping those delicious bits from the bottom of the dutch oven. Turn off burner.
- Add short ribs back into the dutch oven into the liquid. The liquid should almost cover the short ribs, but not quite.
- Put the cover on the dutch oven and place in heated oven (350 degrees) for 2 hours then reduce to 325 degrees for another 15 minutes. Let sit covered for 20 minutes.